1.06.2011

Would you "powder" yourself in this room?

That's okay. My feelings aren't hurt. Stay with me though. It gets better...much, much better...after it gets worse, of course.

Let's go in for a closer look.
Whoa, daddy! Too close.


That's a little better.

In my defense...and in the defense of my powder room...this was taken after a really bad storm.
Just kidding. We had our old school parquet removed. In the process of removing the toilet (which later froze on the front porch and had to be replaced - true story), a pipe was destroyed, which led to a stream of water flowing onto the half-removed flooring. Just loverly. Mhmm. Seriously, my dream of building a house, a house where I pick out every. single. thing. has been crushed. Not just crushed, but torn into little tiny shreds of crushed stuff. We won't even go there. I do this to myself though.

Let's skip ahead to the walls, shall we?




What's that? You think a chair rail with a beautious, little ledge would be just delicious in there? Well, so do I.

Thanks to all of you out there in blogland, I knew that I wanted to use door/window casing as my chair rail because of the ledge that you can sit clutter random starfish on. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? We need some battens up in there!
Yes, I did cut those battens myself, thank you very much.
Okay. Let's fast forward to the after after photos. My husband's darling little sister painted the chair rail and everything below it for me in a semi gloss white.
Well, that 's all, folks.

I need to move the blingy wall art a bit to the left. It looked more like a branch in the box, but when I hung it, it swung straight down. DUH! My hand towels for this room are from Marshall's. They're my fav. Softest things I've ever touched. The color above the chair rail is Jute by Olympic in a satin finish. The faucet is from Lowe's. I bought it about a year ago and I heart it.

Costs:

molding - $20 for chair rail
                       $10 for lattice strips

paint - $15 at Lowe's

tile - does it really matter?
P.S. Yes, your eyes did not deceive you. Our toilet was on the front porch for a short period of time.

P.S.S. The toilet paper will be on the wall and less in your face as soon as I can figure out how to hang the awesome holder that I got for .47 cents at GDub (goodwill).

The end.

8 comments:

  1. lookin good! i wonder where you got the starfish on the ledge idea...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Welcome to blogland! Your bathroom turned out very nice!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bath came out great. Love the wall treatment~smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice update! I wouldn't have thought to use lattice strips for the battens, clever :)

    I recently redid my pouter room too.

    Mel @ Junkin' Junky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! We are redoing our master bath. We are just getting started. Ugh lots of work to do. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there~ Your bathroom remodel came out absolutely fantastic!! I love a great project post and this one is wonderful- well done! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!
    My little powder room needs some style. I am quickly running out of winter to do it in. :o)
    Cheryl

    http://ldsmomtomany.blogspot.com/2011/02/kitchen-remodel-good-bye-cabinet-soffit.html

    ReplyDelete