1.16.2011

Lots of mini makeovers......

The old school chandy in our foyer is coming down. We are down to one working light bulb in this piece, not to mention the fact that it probably hasn't been cleaned since 1996.

Without further ado, I give you.....

                                                 OLD LIGHT FIXTURE


I now give you....the successor of this beast. Drumroll, please.



Those arms swing out of course. This light was a gift from my mom 2 years ago.

Tomorrow is also a big painting day. If any of you get bored enough to actually read the text of my blog, you know that we aren't painting our foyer ourselves because it is 17.5 feet high. I didn't join the circus for a reason, people; tightrope walking and I don't mix.

More big news:

Most of Our doors went from this:



to this:



and a close up of those spray painted knobs, please....



In case you can't tell, I painted the doors bright white. I think it transformed the place :  )

I will be happy to hit the hay tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot. I used some online inspiration to have a little fun with my stairs. I'm still not 100% on the brown. It looked totally different on the card, in the store, on the top of the sample, in the car, in sunlight, in no light, in my purse, in the cart...you get the picture.


Thoughts? Like it? Hate it? You could live with it? C'mon, I can handle it. I want to do the spindles white and the other parts brown, but Justin wants to do everything in the brown. This was the darkest brown I could find. What is the deal? It is just one coat so maybe that is part of it.

Now, picture that brown part covered in glossy poly and look again? Now what do you think?

I'm hungry for cereal.

Bye.

ox - tiff


4 comments:

  1. I've been sneaking through your blog and all your projects. Found lots of ideas I can use. Thank you for all the fun projects.

    The brown does look a little light. I wonder if it is because it's flat paint? I vote for the white spindles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love all these transformations to come! I like the brown, and I think it will look a lot better once you paint the spindles white! If not, it's just paint and you can go over if you can't stand it! :) Thanks for linking up to Try it Tuesday at Dot Dot Dot!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doors look terrific! I can't wait to see the whole thing when its finished. I like the brown on the stair rail, but without seeing it in perspective (within the whole space) it's a tough call - all brown, brown with white, etc.

    Thanks for joining the party. I hope to have you link up each week.

    By the way, I joined you as a follower.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of spray paint did you use? We just bought an older house and everything is shiny brass too! sydneyb@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete