1.09.2011

before & after

I found this smoking stand in my grandma's basement. I thought there was something cool about it so when she said I could have it, I knew I had to give it a new life.


drumroll, please....


It's the perfect little stand for holding Lily's leash right inside the front door. It actually had a drawer with it, but it worked better for us without it. Of course I kept it just in case. I found the little monogram plate at Christmas Tree for $1 or something like that. LOVE it. It's amazing what a few coats of paint can do.

Happy Sunday!

ox - tiff

Featured on

11 comments:

  1. I have a similar stand that has a drawer and I am struggling with how to paint it....I sprayed it heirloom white and painted some harlequin diamonds on it, sprayed over it, painted some b&w checks, painted over it....now it's just white....maybe I will ty black!!! Yours look ecute - and i have the same initial plate, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny, Patti. A woman after my own heart. How did you do the harlequin design? Did you use tape or are you just a master?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great~ Don't you just love when you rescue something and make it awesome? I do! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-hippo-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now if she were a bigger dog I would have used it as a water bowl station!

    I think you need to add this to the thrift parties as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amie,

    I do love when that happens! Thanks for the invite. I linked up : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I am visiting you from blog party Monday.

    Your dog is so cute. Good job on your project.

    Please visit me too; and follow back.
    monah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous before and after work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Van! That's the first time the "g" bomb has been dropped on my blog. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project and it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Monica! That little table makes me happy every time I look at it. There's something about saving furniture from a basement or attic that's heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've seen a smoking table before, interesting!

    ReplyDelete