2.07.2011

going neutral.....

So the plans I had for the weekend did not come to be. I was so excited to get home on Friday afternoon that I didn't swing by Michael's. There's always next weekend....and the weekend after that. Let me tell ya, I have big plans. I mean BIG.

I did get something accomplished though. I decided to continue our grey throughout the rest of the first floor (the kitchen and living room), but I did more than that. I STARTED painting the kitchen. Check it out..

This is the after picture. I thank you in advance for excusing my construction corner.



Here's the before...


 As always, I apologize for the lack of megapixels. I actually cleaned my memory card today so why am I not using my camera?

I'm loving the neutral plates on top of the cabinets. It feels less cluttered to me. Also, the grey walls are really making my white subway tile (installed by moi) pop. Loving that. I have big plans for the upper cabinets. The bottom ones will be painted the same as the top, but soon you will see what this plan is that I speak of. Hopefully the levels of my "House Fund" will resume awesomeness and in the next year we can have a new countertop installed. I'm digging marble, although red gatorade-stained marble I am not digging. I love the granite that looks like there are jewels in it. When we went to Mexico in October, we had a gorgeous bathroom vanity and countertop. I'll have to post a picture one of these days. It looked like there were crushed diamonds all through it. That's what I'm talking about. I also love quartz.

It's just another Manic Monday...ooooohhh

I wish it were Sunday....oooohh



The DIY Show Off

3 comments:

  1. Wow. It's funny how much difference the lighter plates make. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tile and plates being the same color is a nice thing. It allows your eye to bounce back and forth between the two.

    Cheryl

    http://ldsmomtomany.blogspot.com/2011/02/kitchen-remodel-good-bye-cabinet-soffit.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do? Marvelous choice! BTW I love your profile pick, so cute and that chair, ummm gorgeous;)

    ReplyDelete