3.10.2011

a nice transition...

So you probably are not aware, because I have been too ashamed to show the world, that we have a large, clashing transition piece in the most heavily used part of the house, between the kitchen and living room. If there's anything this girl isn't fond of, it's naked oak. If there's something this girl just cannnnnnot stand, it's a piece of oak in a place where it should not be. Excuse the iPhone pictures in advance, please.

Let's check out the before, shall we:


After we had the kitchen floor installed, I kept saying, I'll stain it one of these days. Yeah, well one of these days never came around....UNTIL (dun dun dun DA) last night.

New and improved:


I know it's not the perfect match, but it is perfectly imperfect for ME and it blends in 364,654,875,234.5 times better than the naked oak did. Can I get a what what?! Is anyone wondering what stain I used? It's an interesting color called ORB spraaaay paint. Thank you very much. Yes, I said SPRAY to the PAINT.

Snap. Why the crap didn't I do this sooner?

In other news, the dear, sweet love of my life goes to Cali next week so the living room will be turned upside down. Shhh... what he doesn't know, will NOT hurt him. I'm going to rock that living room's little world. Seriously, big plans - HUGE. Ya'll have to come back and see what I have in store. I promise...I'll have lots of sleepless nights and I'll think about it all day at work....it will be like having a newborn, except it is just a room. in my house. Speaking of rooms in my house, I have a few tricks up my sleeve for the ole master. I stumbled upon a picture on a random blog the other night and I. MUST. have it!

There has been a lot of door painting going on in these parts. Now, mind you, not just any doors, I'm talking the impoooortant doors, like front door....door to the garage. you know the ones, the ones we use every day at least five times each.

Can you believe it's Thursday?! We're one day closer to Friiiiiiday. Thank you, Jesus.



A Crafty Soiree




BWS tips button




4 comments:

  1. I like it ten times better too! where have you been I noticed you hadn't blogged in awhile, hope everything is ok girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! Its FAB!!! Come on 'ova and share this at my Linky Par-Tay!

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that made a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You're too funny! The transition does look a ton better that darker color! I love it! Thanks so much for linking up to Try itTuesday at DotDotDot! It totally made my day! Hope to see you tomorrow!
    Have a happy Monday!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete